What better confection combination is there than chocolate and coffee? You've likely experienced our fan-favorite Chocolate Espresso Sugar as a topping on one of our famous artisanal soft pretzels, but this versatile flavored sugar is here to take your cookie experience to the next level, too. Our Chocolate Espresso Crinkle Cookies will satisfy all chocolate cravings, from Halloween through Christmas, or at any other time of year.
- Eastern Standard Provisions Co. Chocolate Espresso Sugar
- 30 oz. dark chocolate
- 4 sticks butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup instant espresso powder
- Melt 12 oz. of the chocolate with the butter. Let cool slightly.
- Mix together both sugars and add the eggs and vanilla, scraping the bowl between between each new ingredient to ensure thorough mixing. Add this mixture slowly into the chocolate and butter mix.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to chocolate and egg mixture.
- Stir in the espresso powder and the remaining 18 oz. of unmelted chocolate chips.
- Let cookie dough set in the refrigerator before scooping into cookies.
- Scoop cookies with a 2 oz. ice cream scoop and roll in our Chocolate Espresso Sugar.
- Place sugar-coated balls of dough onto cookie sheet with room for each cookie to expand while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.