Whether you're looking for a sweet breakfast treat or answering a hungry sweet tooth's call, this Chocolate Espresso Doughnut will have you sweetly satisfied. Plus, doughnuts aren't your every-day at-home baked good, so you'll satisfy your taste for adventure while making them!
- Eastern Standard Provisions Co. Chocolate Espresso Sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 1/3 oz. yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix all ingredients together on speed one until incorporated.
- Turn mixer up to speed two, and mix for 10 minutes until dough is fully developed. If you stretch the dough, you should be able to see through it without it tearing.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, and proof for 45 minutes at room temperature.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch on a lightly floured surface
- Punch out doughnuts with a doughnut cutter or two round cookie cutters.
- Let proof at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Fry at 350 degrees for about four minutes per side until golden brown.
- Roll in chocolate espresso sugar while still warm and enjoy!