Oatmeal Nut Liège Belgian Waffles
- Classic Liège Belgian waffles
- 1/2 Stick butter
1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 Pinch baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ Cup oats
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon maple syrup + extra for topping, optional
- If Classic Liège Belgian waffles are frozen, preheat oven to 400 degrees. If they're thawed, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 2 waffles on a baking sheet.
- If waffles are frozen, bake for 4 to 6 minutes. If they're thawed, bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
Combine butter, flour, salt, baking soda, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Place crumble mixture on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and disperse evenly. Bake in the oven on 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crumble mixture from the oven and sprinkle over warmed waffles.
- Top with extra maple syrup.