Stuffing is one of Thanksgiving's most popular dishes, and every family has their tried and true traditional favorite. Create a new family tradition this year with an unexpected and delicious soft pretzel based stuffing.
Made with our One-Timer Soft Pretzel Bites, this stuffing has the traditional flavor and texture of your favorite stuffing made better by artisanal soft pretzels that are airy and brioche-like on the inside with a traditional pretzel crust on the outside.
- 2 bags Eastern Standard Provisions Co. One-Timer Soft Pretzel Bites, cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 oz sausage, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz melted butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 whole eggs
- Cut up pretzels. Set aside.
- In large sauté pan, cook onion, garlic, and celery until soft and translucent.
- Add sausage and cook until fully cooked through.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, chicken stock, and melted butter.
- Add pretzels, onion mix, herbs, salt, and pepper to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Put mixture into a buttered 9x9 casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown on top, and the center springs back when gently pressed.
- For best results, let cut pretzels dry out at room temperature for several hours or overnight.
- Stuffing can be made up to two days in advance and stored in the refrigerator overnight.
- Before baking, toss ingredients in liquid as it will sink to the bottom.