If you're looking for a sweet sauce to add to an otherwise savory game day snack table, our Caramel Apple Dip is for you. Made with apple cider and heavy cream and finished with a sprinkle of salt, this rich, sweet dip will have your favorite soft pretzel tasting like a caramel-covered apple.
- One bag One-Timer Soft Pretzel Bites, thawed
- 5 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Combine cream and cider, set aside
- Add the sugar into a large, clean saucepan, and pour the water around the edge of the pan, taking care to moisten all grains of sugar and not leave any on the side of the pan.
- Run your finger through the sugar to ensure it is all moistened, adding more water if needed.
- Bring sugar and water to a full boil. Let boil until it starts to caramelize, be careful as the mixture will be very hot. Do not leave unattended.
- When the mixture starts to take color, turn heat down to low until it reaches a light amber color.
- Turn off heat then immediately add a few tablespoons of the cider/cream mixture. Stir with a whisk. Add the rest of the liquid, a little bit at a time, stirring completely until all of the liquid is incorporated.
- Whisk in the salt, and pour into a metal bowl to cool completely.
- Bake One-Timers according to heating instructions.
- Pour cooled mixture into serving bowl, and enjoy with One-Timers!