Green bean casserole is a favorite Thanksgiving side dish, and it's even better when made with our Everything Spice and crumbs made from our gourmet soft pretzels.
- 1 cups breadcrumbs made from any leftover Eastern Standard Provisions pretzels (See instructions below)
- Eastern Standard Provisions Co Maui Onion Mustard, 4 oz
Eastern Standard Provisions Co Everything Spice
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place leftover pretzels into food processor with 1tbsp. melted butter, Parmesan, and one half of a pack of Everything Spice. Pulse until crumbled. Set aside.
- Trim and blanch green beans then place in baking dish or skillet. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and chopped shallots. Sautée until browned.
- Add all-purpose flour, stirring for one minute, then add vegetable stock, heavy cream, black pepper, and salt.
- Cook and stir until thick and smooth.
- Layer mushrooms and shallots over green beans then spoon sauce over top.
- Pour Maui Onion Mustard over green beans stacked with mushrooms and onions, and top with pretzel breadcrumbs.
- Broil until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!