What could be a better seasonal comfort food combo than Maple Apple Butter and delicious artisanal soft pretzels? If you've been apple picking recently, you likely have more apples than you know what to do with, so this recipe (plus the fact that our pretzels will be delivered right to your front door) makes for a convenient snack, too.
- Our SlidePiece Soft Pretzel Sliders and One-Timer Soft Pretzel Bites, heated following our instructions.
- Our French Toast Sugar, for topping
- 6 1/2 pounds apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place the apples in a slow cooker.
- Add maple sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt to the cooker and mix together.
- Cook on low for 10 hours, stirring every couple hours. The apple butter should be dark brown and thick.
- Remove from slow cooker, and blend until apple butter is smooth.
- Bake the SlidePiece and Pretzel Bites following our instructions, brushing pretzels with butter and topping with French Toast Sugar.