If you've been craving a cozy meal, this hearty homemade Parmesan Truffle Tomato Soup is just what you need. Elevated to new, delicious heights by the addition of our Black Truffle & Parmesan Gourmet Dip Mix and grilled cheese made with our Turnbuckle Gourmet Soft Pretzel Sticks, this soup is the perfect way to warm up and fill up on a cold day.
- 1 Package Black Truffle & Parmesan Gourmet Dip Mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1.5 Pounds fresh or canned whole tomatoes
- 1 Fresh white onion, chopped
- 3 Whole garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 Cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 Cup basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon S sugar
- 1 Teaspoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make Black Truffle & Parmesan Gourmet Dip Mix according to instructions, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven safe tray, add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil then stir to combine. Roast for 25 minutes or until tomatoes are broken down.
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat, and add olive oil. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add basil and garlic to the pot and sauté for one minute until aromatic.
- Stir in the roasted tomatoes then pour in the stock.
- Cover pot and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off and blend the soup.
- Add 2 tbsp. of Black Truffle & Parmesan Gourmet Dip to soup, or more to taste.
- Serve with Turnbuckle Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and a side of Black Truffle & Parmesan Gourmet Dip.
Note: If you're looking for a quick way to elevate tomato soup, simply purchase your favorite canned soup, and add in Black Truffle & Parmesan Gourmet Dip!