A Michelada is a Mexican beer-based cocktail made with tomato juice, and it's a delicious adult beverage that goes great with huevos rancheros at brunch, guac while snacking, tacos for dinner or anything in between. We kicked this recipe up a notch by adding our own Truffle Hot Sauce and finishing with one of our artisanal salt rims.
- Any of our artisanal flavored salts. Our favorite options are Chili Lime Salt or Everything Spice
- Eastern Standard Provisions Truffle Hot Sauce
- 2 cups of tomato juice, Bloody Mary mix or Clamato juice
- 2 - 8 oz. Mexican beers
- 4 shots of tequila
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Pour flavored salt onto a clean plate and wet rim of glasses with lime juice. Place mouth of glass into salt for a salted, garnished rim.
- Fill glasses with ice, lime wedges, and cherry tomatoes. Pour in 1/2 cup of tomato juice, 1/2 cup of Mexican beer, a shot of tequila and a dash of Truffle Hot Sauce
- Stir vigorously and enjoy!