Strawberry shortcakes are a summertime favorite. We put a fun new spin on this classic recipe by preparing it with our SlidePiece pretzel mini buns. It's a treat we like to call Strawberry Pretzel Cakes!
- 6 of our SlidePiece Soft Pretzel Slider Buns, thawed
- 4 cups of quartered strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons of maple sugar chunks
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Add strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a large bowl and stir to coat strawberries
- Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator until ready to use! This will bring out those delicious strawberry juices
- Cut pretzels in half and brush the tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Sprinkle with maple chunks and bake for 4-6 minutes starting from thawed
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before assembling
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until soft-medium peaks form (about 3 minutes)
- Take the bottoms of your baked and cooled pretzels and place on a tray
- First add your whipped cream, topped with the mixture of strawberries followed by another layer of whipped cream, then add the tops of the pretzels and a little more whip cream for fun!