You've never had a burger like this before. We took the idea behind the breakfast favorite Egg In A Hole and gave it a dinnertime upgrade.
- 1 of our Topknot Pretzels, thawed
- Our Everything Spice
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- ⅛ pound smoked salmon
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon capers
- chives for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush Topknot with butter and sprinkle over Everything Spice, then bake according to our heating instructions.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix ground beef, salt and pepper. Form into one patty the size and shape of the center of your Topknot.
- Warm up your grill, if using a propane grill heat to 400 degrees. Cook burger for 5-10 minutes (depending on how well done you prefer). Place cooked patty into pretzel hole.
- Heat small skillet to medium heat, crack the egg into the pan and cover with a lid. Let cook until egg whites set.
- Transfer pretzel with patty to plate, top patty with egg and garnish with smoked salmon, onion, avocado, cream cheese, capers and chives.