Looking for a new twist on the good old fashioned casserole? Try our Cheesy Pretzel Casserole made with our turnbuckle soft pretzels and white truffle salt.
- 6 Turnbuckle Soft Pretzel Sticks, thawed & slice diagonally
- 6 slices of bacon
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. of finely ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp butter, for the pan
- 1/2 tsp. of White Truffle Pretzel Salt
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, then chop into bite size pieces.
2. In a large bow, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, chives, and thyme. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne, then stir in about 3/4 a cup of shredded Gruyere and 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
3. Lightly butter a 9x13" baking dish. Scatter soft pretzel slices, cooked bacon and mushrooms into the baking sheet. Then pour the egg mixture on top. Press down gently on pretzels to make sure they're fully soaked in the mixture. (Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to overnight).
4. When you're ready to bake the casserole, preheat oven to 250 degrees. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese (1/2 cup of gruyere & 1/2 cup of mozzarella). Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Garnish with Eastern Standard White Truffle Salt and chives and serve warm.