Spiked Hot Apple Cider
This cozy, boozy drink will get you through the coldest of winter days, whether you're sipping it by the fire or after a day in the snow. With a sugared rim featuring our French Toast Sugar, this warm adult beverage would even be at home with a festive brunch. Save the mimosas for summer time.
- 1 Package French Toast Sugar
- 1 gallon unfiltered apple juice or apple cider
- 1 large Cara Cara orange, cut into 1/4” slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 tbsp. whole cloves
- 1 tbsp. whole allspice
- 1” ginger root, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups spiced rum
- In a large pot, add apple juice, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves, whole allspice, and ginger root.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Add rum to the apple cider mixture.
- Remove fruit and spices from the pot.
- Rim glass with French Toast Sugar
- Garnish with anise and cinnamon and serve!